View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pointy Shock
Pointyteeth
Guild Officer

re: Engineer DPS

What LAS/Amp/Rotations you guys using in Raids?

Sin Thetix

I know Kushan uses a difrent las than I do But generally the same if that makes sense.u know I'm all about the scumbag build and not enough amp point to run ew for raid buffs. But he is the one to take the most from but I have done a lot of research on class forums and smashing dummy's next time your on Sebb pat we'll get on ts and talk. On my mobile.

Fight the man

Kashan Amtal
Raiders

I would like to know what May is running cause he is putting me to shame.  I'm going to try using MS more to see how much that affects my AOE build, but that means dropping BS and that helps keep my Vol in a sweet zone.  My BC rotation must suck, cause I just don't know how to maximize the number of hits and keep my Vol above 30, cause it's a constant struggle. 

For DPS amps, I take all the T2's except Explosive, UV and Cruisn' at T3.  When I was running EW, I could put 3 points each into cool down reductions and dash regen, but in order to maximize my DPS amps, I can only run 1 in dash regen.  It feels like, in order to get the most out of BC, I NEED those reduction amps, and that really fucking suck.  When you do the math, it's 10 points wasted in utility tree that I wish I never had to use.  I just don't know......

fml

Coppi
Raiders

Hey, so i dont know how much you already know so ill just run through "what i think is best" though im not sure xD, here are 2 mainly las and amps that i use, las can be different from boss to boss, but this pretty much can make you go through all bosses with no issues

aoe build

single target

so the aoe build you really dont need volatily through dashes cuz that is just too much, i already have problems keeping it between 30-70 vol(wich in this case is not a must, but adviseble), and is kinda hard to let cruisin and hurtin doing their thing, u always (mostly) want to open with energy auger to negate the vol cost from mortal strike, and the rotation pretty much explain itself(use EA as much as u can and MS as much as u can, just dont interupt casts and you'll be fine), eletrocute is a really boring part of engis for me ><, bc is where the fun is! xD

so the st build is really cool, i feel like, u really really need the dash regen amps, its a must, i actually for single target run a pretty bad boots, that has 24% dash regen too, but that just cause i feel that this regen is around 70ap dpswise, i tested with other boots, the one i use for aoe, and the difference between dps was just not enough for me to change it, cuz it gives me 14% movement speed wich engis can use, so ill probably change that only when i get a better boots.

so your main target here is to try and stay between the 30-70 vol, messing up its not as forgiving as the aoe, cuz the aoe is just as good outside of it, so in this case if u mess ur rotation u can stay 1-2 seconds without dpsing wich is really a waste, you want to keep VI up all time and rolling as much as you can before casting bio shell (insta cast), it takes some time getting use to it but once u get the hang its really rewarding, the one thing i think is crap designwise is our innate that in this case if u mess up when to roll it makes you keep out of the two more decisive amps you have, so theres that, always try to activate it when u have around 30-50 vol, where using our main spender will let it down from 70.

ah forgot to say i only have 45/48 ability points, so when i have it, in the ST build ill just take 3 points out of artillery bot and put VI to tier 4, and see how it goes XD. thats pretty much all i know, GL!!!

Last edited by Coppi on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pointy Shock
Pointyteeth
Guild Officer

Thank you both of you for your input.

Your numbers from recent Ohmna kill speak for themselves that you are maximizing your potential:

http://www.wildstarlogs.com/reports/mrNGCvdaD4QfRpYb#type=damage-done

I found some interesting content this morning that I want to drop here:

Spreadsheet Engineer Theorycrafting (Updated for Drop 5) - VERY comprehensive

I really like these jabbithole build links - much easier to see with it all on one page instead of ws-base (and it's not blocked at my work!).

Kashan Amtal
Raiders

Hey, your AOE link just goes to the WSBase login page.

Coppi
Raiders

whoops, its working now i think, yeah, we could work somethings out, if we have no engi tank, we only need one engi dps running tier 8 BS, and one running EW amp, but idk how much of a diff it makes, so idk hehe

hey and if anyone can link me a good tanking las/amp build ill be happy :B

Sin Thetix

http://ws-base.com/builds/edit/15157#QKvKvMpKpKvyvv7K/517.518.519.532.533.534.522.523.524.521.505.520.531.425.426.427.428.408.404.538.539.540.527.528

this is what i use with current amp/Abilitys points, i would be Usuing t8 richochet, But there is a bug that cancels PDU's Ground target when in between 35/75 VOl it seems,, but if and when i use it Sub Recursive Matrix for PDU, I have had many chats with end game DS engi tanks and its a toss up between T8 Richochet and T8 Disruptive Module.

PE is a Must and Unsteady miasma is your DUMP to stay in the zone for your armor Buff "Try and hurt Me". Also staying in between 30-70 Vol DM has a Shield Tick increase.

GDPR#4276062

re: GDPR#4276062

GDPR#4276062
Pointy Shock
Pointyteeth
Guild Officer

Tank Build I refrained from posting as DPS thread but in same vein as the others:

Tank Build

Sin Thetix

Ryoka Can u explain what they messed up in your mind? is it they took away the self heal build? i didnt have my engi tanking then so im just wondering what?

Coppi
Raiders

hey, sin ur link is not showing the build but since i already talked to you, alright, i want to test the ricochet build too, so ill try the pointy build out, thanks a lot

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cold Fusion Forum Index -> Engineer Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: